Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wicked


This was one of the most delightful 2 hours I have spent 
in a long long time!!


Be warned the pictures are pretty awful.
They're to capture the moment not win any prizes.


Taken with a cell phone at night. Not ideal.

The Oriental Theater is one of Chicago;s historic theaters.
Very ornate and stunningly beautiful in an old world kind of way.


These two interior shots are not mine. 




It's the story of the witches of Oz and their friendship
 and how one got to be called Good and the other Wicked.  

I had really good seats in the second row.


Pictures are not allowed so I had to sneak them while the evil
female usher wasn't looking or she would snatch my phone and delete them 
on the spot. (they do that)


The play is a really clever twist on the story of Oz
Funny and sweet and sad.


I absolutely loved it!!!

If you get a chance to see this, don't hesitate.
It's wonderful!

10 comments:

  1. Upeasti kuvattuja paikkoja ja tilanteita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the Wicked show. The lights and colors are beautiful at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be able to enjoy the play. I sure couldn't get through the book. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to see this !
    Gorgeous shots you took ... makes me want to see it even more !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Wicked, but everyone i know who has seen it says it's absolutely magnificent! I'm so glad you had a marvelous time. And i really like your pics. I think they came out very well. I've always wondered about that 'no photos allowed' thing and have wondered why...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd love to see that. What great seats you had!! I've read the book quite a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! I haven't been to a play in decades, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time you had... love that vintage looking theatre marquee...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to see this for a while now ... And the pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete