Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Beach

I drove to the beach Sunday afternoon.
It was pretty windy but very nice.
 

Definately not a day for swimming.
Though the water is still quite warm.

 
If you look real hard you can see the Chicago skyline in the distance in the picture below.
You have to enlarge the picture.

 
These guys were having a ball!

 
Looks like fun.
 
 
It was very windy and they were going very fast.
 
Sometimes I take Lake Michigan for granted.
I've lived here all my life and don't visit enough.
I can get to this beach in about 20 min.
Its a beautiful sand duney park.
I have tons more pictures for a later post.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I would love to be walking along that beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely pictures. I love water...mostly from afar and I love the sound of it. Great pictures. PS I just became a follower and invited my sister, too. See you in 'pictures'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos...I always marvel at the Great Lakes because they look like ocean front to me. A lovely place to take a walk and think and be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were there, I would have loved to come with you. Looks like a lovely windy cool time.....sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete